tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Phil Radden" <p...@sessami.com>
Subject Confusion between context path and mount path?
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2000 14:15:12 GMT
I may be misunderstanding how things are supposed to work here, but
otherwise it's a mod_jserv bug:

I have the following contexts defined in server.xml:
  <Context path="/one" docBase="random/thing" debug="0" reloadable="true">
  </Context>
  <Context path="/two" docBase="other/thing" debug="0" reloadable="true">
  </Context>
and with the following lines in httpd.conf:
  ApJServMount /two ajpv12://localhost:8007/one
  ApJServMount /banana ajpv12://localhost:8007/two
I expected requests for http://localhost/two/blah to be handled by
random/thing, and requests for http://localhost/banana/blah by
other/thing.
Is this correct?

What I actually got was that other/thing answered the request for /two/,
and the request for /banana/ fell over - appropriate snippets of logs
below...

["GET /two/ HTTP/1.0" worked, and jasper.log included the following]
JspEngine --> /index.jsp
             ServletPath: /index.jsp
                PathInfo: /
                RealPath: /blah/other/thing/index.jsp
              RequestURI: /two/index.jsp
             QueryString: null
          Request Params:
Classpath according to the Servlet Engine is:
/blah/other/thing/WEB-INF/classes

["GET /banana/ HTTP/1.0" generated an error and the connection never closed]
HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.handleError(ContextManager.java:644)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:566)
        at
(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:156)
        at
)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:498)

Many thanks!
Phil