tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Trent Jacobsen" <>
Subject mod_jk problem with Tomcat, Apache, Linux
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2000 23:09:35 GMT
I cannot get Apache to serve JSP files using the mod_jk module. I am using Tomcat 3.2 beta
3, and my Tomcat works just fine when connecting directly on port 8080. Apache is able to
load the mod_jk file, and I put the include in my httpd.conf to use  the mod_jk.conf-auto
file for configuration. Using Apache, I can navigate to the /examples directory in my Tomcat
tree, and I can view all of the html files. The directory listing shows the .jsp files, but
when I click on them, I get the following error:

Not Found

The requested URL /examples/jsp/num/numguess.jsp was not found on this server.

A log entry goes into my mod_jk.log as follows:

[jk_uri_worker_map.c (344)]: Into jk_uri_worker_map_t::map_uri_to_worker
[jk_uri_worker_map.c (406)]: jk_uri_worker_map_t::map_uri_to_worker, Found a match ajp12

It appears to me that the request goes from Apache to Tomcat, but then Tomcat does not respond.

Any help greatly appreciated,

Get your FREE Email and Voicemail at Lycos Communications at

View raw message