tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "fifi129 " <>
Subject RE: useage of 'work' directory
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 09:52:35 GMT
First of all, Thank you for your help.
1) I want to make sure that if I delete all the directory start with 'localhost_8080%2F' under
'/usr/tomcat/work' directory, it will recreated again after I restart the tomcat server, right?

2) I 've check the files under the start with 'localhost_8080%2F' directory.  they contains
lots of directory, .class, .java.
Will the files inside those directories growth after uploading new version to the Tomcat server.

best regards,

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000 16:11:06   Joe Shevland wrote:
>i) The 'work' directory stores the generated Java code from your JSPs and as such should
not be deleted (they'll get recreated upon the next access to the JSPs anyway).
>ii) You can configure the location of the log files in the XML files, but a temporary
workaround might be to symlink /user to somewhere with more space free. With our setup all
the logs go to /var/log/...

--== Sent via ==--
Before you buy.

View raw message