tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "fifi129 " <fifi...@my-Deja.com>
Subject RE: useage of 'work' directory
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 09:52:35 GMT
First of all, Thank you for your help.
1) I want to make sure that if I delete all the directory start with 'localhost_8080%2F' under
'/usr/tomcat/work' directory, it will recreated again after I restart the tomcat server, right?

2) I 've check the files under the start with 'localhost_8080%2F' directory.  they contains
lots of directory, .class, .java.
Will the files inside those directories growth after uploading new version to the Tomcat server.

Thanks

best regards,
Fannie

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000 16:11:06   Joe Shevland wrote:
>i) The 'work' directory stores the generated Java code from your JSPs and as such should
not be deleted (they'll get recreated upon the next access to the JSPs anyway).

>ii) You can configure the location of the log files in the XML files, but a temporary
workaround might be to symlink /user to somewhere with more space free. With our setup all
the logs go to /var/log/...

>Joe

Before you buy.