tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Erik Sabowski" <airy...@hotmail.com>
Subject help!: unknown object of type: java.util.Hashtable
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2000 15:24:03 GMT
I am still having problems with tomcat giving me a 500 error...it's telling
me that it is "Unable to compile class for JSP". when i get that error in
the browser, i get the error "unknown object of type: java.util.Hashtable".
so i looked in the java directory (/usr/java) and i found the file
"src/java/util/Hashtable.class". i figured this must be what it can't find.
so i added /usr/java/src to the classpath and restarted, and same thing. so
where can i go from here? i am unfortunatly not very experienced with java,
so i'm riding by the seat of my pants with this tomcat installation. it's on
SunOS 5.6, with java 1.1.3....

thanks
Erik