tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bolt, Dave" <bo...@atsc.army.mil>
Subject RE: Taglib and "<jsp:include file=..." and/or "<%@include"
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2000 14:42:47 GMT
The J2EE Blueprints sample app (Java Pet Store) creates a custom tag library
that is
similar to the include page directive. You could probably do something like
this in
your code.

Dave Bolt
ATSC/SPAWAR ASAT Team
Bolt's Law of Bandwidth - There is always plenty of network bandwidth, just
none for you.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Tang [mailto:altitude@airflash.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 24, 2000 7:55 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Cc: Alex Tang
Subject: Taglib and "<jsp:include file=..." and/or "<%@include"

Hi folks.

I was wondering...Is it possible to have a custom taglib tag produce (or
reproduce the semantics) of "<jsp:include page=.../>"?  l

I have the same question about "<%@ include" directive.

What I'm trying to do is: using a taglib directive, include a separate
JSP file.  The name of that JSP will not be known when writing the JSP
file (hence the taglib tag).  Also, at some point, there may be some
level of recursion, so an included JSP file can include another using
the same mechanism.

Is this possible?  I'm not sure i fully understand the differences
between "<jsp:inculde" and "<%@include" in terms of which requires more
overheadand whatnot.  I can be flexible about which one I should use (if
any)

Thanks.

...alex...