tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Do Phil <Phil...@irs.gov>
Subject RE: Package compile error
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 19:15:08 GMT

Never mind.  I got the answer.  All I need to do is add the parent directory
of "Users" to my CLASSPATH.  Somehow I couldn't figure it out for a while.

Thanks.

Phil Do

 -----Original Message-----
From: Do Phil
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2000 3:06 PM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Package compile error

Hi all,

I have two simple files in a package named "Users".  A basic definition of
the two classes are listed below.  When I try to compile the file
"ClassB.java", I receive the error "Superclass Users.ClassA of class
Users.ClassB not found."   However, things work fine when I remove the
"package Users;" lines and use unnamed package.  Can somebody please tell me
what I am doing wrong here or how to declare/use packages?

//File: ClassA.java
package Users;

import java.io.*;

public class ClassA