tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Haller, Joe" <Joe.Hal...@purchasepro.com>
Subject Making document root correspond to a context.
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 18:13:26 GMT
How do we configure Tomcat so that the document
root of the web server corresponds to a particular context.

For example, suppose I have a context foo, with JSP bar.jsp,
how do I configure so the following will work:

http://localhost/bar.jsp

Many thanks.
J. Haller

-----Original Message-----
From: Kitching Simon [mailto:Simon.Kitching@orange.ch]
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2000 11:08 AM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: tomat/linux - can't get jsp to work in dir other than
exampl es!

	[Kitching Simon]
	Hi,

	I don't know if the above is just a typo, but
	just in case it isn't, I'll point out:

	jsp files do *not* go in the WEB-INF subdirectory of your
	web application's main (root) directory. They go anywhere
	you like under your web application's main directory
	*except* under WEB-INF.

	Servlet classes *do* go in the WEB-INF/classes subdirectory
	of your web application's main (root) directory.

	And you need to configure apache so that tomcat is invoked
	for any URl which:
	(a) ends in .jsp, or
	(b) matches one of your servlets

	It is always recommended that you get things working with
	tomcat in "stand-alone" mode, ie without apache, then try
	adding apache as a front-end afterwards.

	You don't need to put any entries in yourwebapp/WEB-INF/web.xml
	related to your jsp files, unless you are trying something really
tricky
	like running a page's init function on startup.

	Regards,

	Simon