tomcat-users mailing list archives

From James Cribb <Jam...@zoom.com.au>
Subject What does "ApJServMount default /root" mean?
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2000 03:22:34 GMT
tomcat.conf contains a line "ApJServMount default /root", but I can't find
an explanation of what this means.

There is no (relevant) directory called "root", although there is
"$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/ROOT", but isn't it case-sensitive?

"default" presumably means "look in here if not otherwise specified", but
doesn't this conflict with Apache's DocumentRoot, ie, does http://host/x.jsp
mean $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/ROOT/x.jsp or /home/httpd/html/x.jsp?

I'm also confused about the difference between "zones" and "contexts".

I have been searching the available documentation for days without finding
an answer.  Can anyone out there just tell me?

Thanks in advance.