tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Adam W. Montville" <montv...@security.ece.orst.edu>
Subject Apache w/Tomcat config problems
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2000 22:05:57 GMT
Hello all...  I'm very new to Tomcat, so I'm having some difficulty
configuring Tomcat with Apache.  First things first, I am able to run Tomcat
as a standalone service -- thus I can run all of the JSP and Servlet
examples.  I now have Apache running and linking to Tomcat, but my JVM keeps
"crashing" (no more detail really than that, that I can see).  I look in the
Apache error log and see:

[Fri Sep 29 12:25:41 2000] [crit] Apache JServ encountered a fatal error;
check your ApJServLogFile for details if none are present in this file.
Exiting.

So, I look at the mod_jserv.log (attached) and it tells me that the JVM
crashed, and subsequently I couldn't connect to localhost on the configured
port (default 8007).  I've attached the configuration files that I think may
be relevant.  Also, I'm running Apache on a Win32 and using JDK1.3 as a Java
base.

Included Files:

mod_jserv.log
tomcat.properties
tomcat.conf (file included in httpd.conf)
server.xml

Thanks in advance for any help that you may be able to provide.

Regards,

Adam W. Montville
Information Security Laboratory
Oregon State University