tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Paul FitzPatrick" <cpclv...@fitzpatrick.cc>
Subject RE: Running a process/service
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2000 15:41:51 GMT

How about using the AT command? Type AT /? at a command prompt for usage.

-----Original Message-----
From: modny057@mediaondemand.com [mailto:modny057@mediaondemand.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2000 11:27 AM
To: s0s7900@unix.tamu.edu; tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Running a process/service

For time-based maintenance tasks i found very usefull a small package from
coolservlets.com called ServletMaintenance. It cannot be programmed to a run
at a specific time but rather between a specified time-interval
(Days-hours-minutes).
Programming a process to run at a specific time is a little bit more
complicated, you have for example a thread that checks every 1 minute the
time and if the hours part of the time is 5 then it executes the task.
In other words if you want to do something at 5:pm you need to check every 1
minute if you want to have "minute" accuracy. After the task is executed you
don't want it to be executed again in the next check that will happen at
5:01.
So you also need to compare the DAY as well and if it is still the same day
do not execute again.

Alex.