tomcat-users mailing list archives

From kash...@in.ibm.com
Subject Some basic questions
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2000 09:02:29 GMT
Hi,
    I am a new user of tomcat. I have some basic questions as under. I have
installed
tomcat on /usr/local/tomcat.

- If I want to deploy an web-app, say APPS, APPS.war MUST be in
 /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/ ? or instead of APPS.war, I am allowed add only
 APPS
directory to the above path ?

- I want to add a servlet HelloWorldExample.class to an already deployed
web-apps
"adminPages" (adminPages is deployed through adminPages.war). I have added
HelloWorldExample.class to the
/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/adminPages/WEB-INF/classes. The web.xml in this
WEB-INF contains only empty element <web-app/> . Then I have restarted the
tomcat
server. The adminPages is mapped to "/adminPages". But when I am trying to
access the
HelloWorldExample, thru
http://localhost:8080/adminPages/servlet/HelloWorldExample , then 404 error
 (file not
found) is being displayed. (Other servlets that have been deployed
initially) are being
accessible.

If u have an answer, please let me know. Thanx a lot in advance.

- Ashish Kundu [kashish@in.ibm.com]