tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Slade <PSl...@Bid4Vacations.com>
Subject Help - Ongoing problem with encodeURL
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2000 15:07:59 GMT
I pulled down tomcat milestone build (3.2 beta 4). My test application now
shows a session id on the url that it did not show with the 3.1 version.
However I do not understand the url that it generates, and my application
fails for different reason.

My output shows that response.encodeURL("
<http://servername/page.jsp?test=true>
http://servername/page.jsp?test=true") will return

http://servername/page.jsp;jsessionid=hgdyjjbif1?test=true
<http://servername/page.jsp;jsessionid=hgdyjjbif1?test=true>

shouldn't it have returned something like
http://servername/page.jsp?jsessionid=hgdyjjbif1
<http://servername/page.jsp?jsessionid=hgdyjjbif1&test=true> &test=true

and response.encodeURL("  <http://servername/page.jsp>
http://servername/page.jsp") will return

http://servername/page.jsp;jsessionid=hgdyjjbif1
<http://servername/page.jsp;jsessionid=hgdyjjbif1>

shouldn't it have returned something like
http://servername/page.jsp?jsessionid=hgdyjjbif1
<http://servername/page.jsp?jsessionid=hgdyjjbif1>

If I put the url that it generates into a browser it will fail with 404 Page
Not Found.

Why is the ; character being used instead of a ? character?

Am I missing something? Is this a bug?

Pete.