tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Wes Mckean <WMck...@us-south.net>
Subject RE: How to Password protect a directory
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2000 20:05:45 GMT
Move the tomcat-apache.conf file to the apache/conf directory and reference
it there.  That way, any changes you make don't get constantly overwritten.

Wes

-----Original Message-----
From: Hosegood, Chris W (EDU) [mailto:CHosegood@edu.gov.mb.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2000 3:59 PM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: How to Password protect a directory

  I've been searching through the documentation and I can not seem to find a
way to password protect a directory. I've got a web app with a /admin
directory that contains some jsp files that are used for administration.
I've tried to limit access in the tomcat-apache.conf file but when I
re-start the tomcat process it overwrites this file.  Does anyone know how I
could do this?

Thanks,
Chris Hosegood
chosegood@edu.gov.mb.ca