tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Amos Shapira <amos.shap...@webcollage.com>
Subject RE: Error compiling generated .java files with long filenames
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2000 06:24:13 GMT
I'm no windows expert, but there are restrictions on filename lengths on
Windows
in general.

On NT/Windows 2000, you should be able to extend the maximum file name
length
by using NTFS.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron van Pol [mailto:ron@inception.nl]
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2000 1:48 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Error compiling generated .java files with long filenames

Hi,

Is there like a restriction in filename length of a generated .java file.
The problem I'm having is that generated .java files with large filenames
can't get compiled. Beneath is a stacktrace I'm getting. I'm using tomcat
3.1 with JDK1.3 on Win2000.

Another thing that's been buggin me for a while: why are the generated .java
and .class files not in the location where one would expect it, e.g.
security/login.jsp after execution will not wind up in a subdirectory
security in my workdirectory. The security directory is created though it
remains empty.

Ron

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSPerror:
Can't write:
G:\jakarta\jakarta-tomcat\work\localhost_8080%2FMMS\Gegevensbeheer\Documente
nBeheer\Functieomschrijvingen\nieuw\_0002fGegevensbeheer_0002fDocumentenBehe
er_0002fFunctieomschrijvingen_0002fnieuw_0002fbeoordelen_0005finhoud_0002ejs
pbeoordelen_0005finhoud_jsp_0.class
1 error

 at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:247)
 at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:413)
 at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspSe
rvlet.java:149)
 at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va:161)
 at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:261)
 at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:369)
 at
 at
org.apache.tomcat.core.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.j
ava:163)
 at
com.inception.mms.organisatie.controller.FunctieomschrijvingNewServlet.doPos
t(FunctieomschrijvingNewServlet.java:199)
 at
com.inception.mms.organisatie.controller.FunctieomschrijvingNewServlet.doGet
(FunctieomschrijvingNewServlet.java:62)
 at
com.inception.algemeen.servlet.ApplicationEventServlet.service(ApplicationEv
entServlet.java:155)
 at
 at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:597)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.servlets.InvokerServlet.service(InvokerServlet.java:257)
 at
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559)
 at
(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:156)
 at
)