tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dennis Huang <Denn...@datacom.com.au>
Subject RE: still going nuts trying to get servlets to run (though .jsp r un fine)
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2000 22:43:20 GMT
How do you call the servlet? Show me your URL please.

Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: david [mailto:ymidt@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2000 4:14 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: still going nuts trying to get servlets to run (though .jsp run
fine)

Thanks for the help attempts.
I can get .jsp files to run, but not servlets!!!!  Help!  This Servlet ran
fine under JServe...

Made a typo in my last append, I DO have the servlets under web-inf/classes
and
there are not yet packaged so don't need package qualifiers.

I'm about to throw my computer out the window!
I have all my stuff under webapps so have  tried with and without my context
defined in server.xml
I have really tried to mimic the examples closely, as they all run (though I
can't figure out
what the html files are in the exampls/servlets directory...)

I have my stuff in /webapps/tasp  with the appropriate dir structure
I have a web.xml file under /webapps/tasp/web-inf:

<!DOCTYPE web-app
    " http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2.2.dtd"
<http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2.2.dtd> >
<web-app>
     <servlet>
      <servlet-name>ServletTest</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>ServletTest</servlet-class>
     <servlet-mapping>
         <servlet-name>ServletTest</servlet-name>
         <url-pattern>ServletTest</url-pattern>
     </servlet-mapping>
     </servlet>
</web-app>

I have tried with and without the servlet-mapping instruction.
my servlet ServletTest.java and ServletTest.class are under
/webapps/tasp/web-inf/classes

the .jsp that runs is just under /webapps/tasp

the server.xml has an added context:

        <Context path="/tasp" docBase="webapps/tasp" debug="9"
reloadable="true" >
        </Context>