tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dennis Huang <Denn...@datacom.com.au>
Subject RE: JSP reloading
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2000 22:58:32 GMT
I am using Tomcat3.1 and IE5. I have no problem with reloading jsp and
servlet files. What version of Tomcat you are using?

Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Domenico di Girolamo [mailto:mdg@quipo.it]
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2000 4:49 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: JSP reloading

Hi,
I am sure that the problem is not browser's cache.
I have cleaned up cache before testing.
In fact i have written that when I stop Tomcat, i do not
get "my.jsp".
I think, like you, that would be a bad behave if it is necessary to clean up

compiled class in the work directory every time i modify jsp.
(I have cleaned up classes in the work directory and the problem has been
resolved)
By
Domenico di Girolamo

Original message from: Thomas Hagedorn
>Hi,
>
>this would be a very bad behave if it is necessary to clean up and
>restart Tomcat every time I modify my jsp.
>But it isn't so! The problem is that your browser caches the page, so
>you have to enforce the browser to reload (with on
>netscape, IE don't know). ANother good idea (for the future) may be to
>add the pragma 'no-cache' in the header of the html-output or setting
>expiredate to a date in the past.
>
>hope this helps
>tom
>
>Am Die, 12 Sep 2000 schrieben Sie: