tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Morahg, Yoav" <ymor...@gist.com>
Subject RE: Migration: Tomcat 3.1, MySQL -> Oracle...
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2000 14:17:06 GMT
We are using Tomcat and JSPs with Oracle 8.0.5 without any problems. Also,
you don't have to use PL/SQL if you don't want to. As long as your MySQL
calls are standard SQL, Oracle should be able to handle them as is. PL/SQL
is for stored procedures which you can use to perform complex tasks more
efficiently or with a cleaner interface.

BTW, we are using the Javaexchange connection pooling classes.

-Yoav

---------------------------
Yoav Morahg
Software Engineer
Gist Communications
(212) 965-1999 xt 122
ymorahg@gist.com

Interactive Television Guides

-----Original Message-----
From: Achim Friedland [mailto:achim.friedland@in.stud.tu-ilmenau.de]
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2000 7:15 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Migration: Tomcat 3.1, MySQL -> Oracle...

I just wrote a jsp application using Tomcat 3.1 standalone and MySQL.
Now I have to migrate it to Oracle...
- Is there any good documentation howto migrate from SQL to PLSQL?
- I read in this mailinglist that I should use Oracle 8.1.6 but the
  webadministration a the firm told me that 8.1.5/6 has some problems
  with online-backup and so they want to use 8.0.6. Is 8.0.6 able to
  serve JSPs proberly? Are there limitations?

thanks

achim

--

mail: ahzf@fem-net.de
Demokratie beruht auf drei Prinzipien: auf der Freiheit des Gewissens,