tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "NIBLER JEFF R. (PDX1JRN)" <pdx1...@ups.com>
Subject Serlvet configuration
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2000 21:26:08 GMT
Hi all, this is my first e-mail to the list, hope I did it correctly (the
FAQ and info E-mail returned nada).  Ok, I have one question about Tomcat:
what configuration file, and where in that file, can you change the url
pathing for where your servlet is accessed?  For instance, lets say my
directory structure looks like:
C:\tomcat\webapps\test\web-inf\classes
Now by default (at least, default on my installation), to view a servlet via
the url, you would nee to type:
http://www.myserver.com/test/servlet/servletName
So how do I change it so that the url pathing would read:
http://www.myserver.com/here/here-too/oh-ya-and-even-here/servletName
?
In addition, when I do that, will I need to modify the tomcat.conf that
Apache references if I want Apache to output the results of the servlet to
the client? Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me on this one.

Jeff Nibler