tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Stubenrauch,Andreas" <me...@erv.de>
Subject AW: spaces in FILE
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2000 11:43:38 GMT
Because spaces are not allowed in URL. That is not apache or tomcat specific

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Michael Quinn [mailto:mquinn@myturn.com]
Gesendet am: Samstag, 2. September 2000 01:15
An: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: spaces in FILE

I am using Tomcat 3.1 with Apache on Solaris 8.
The problem I am encountering is that when I try to access a URL with spaces
in the name ..
(ie. /gpc/tomcat/webapps/globalpc/support/appSpecific/Play and
learn/Games.jsp )

IN APACHE ACCESS_LOG IT TRANSLATES TO:
/gpc/tomcat/webapps/globalpc/support/appSpecific/Play%20and%20learn/Games.js

IN APACHE ERROR_LOG IT TRANSLATES TO:
/gpc/tomcat/webapps/globalpc/support/appSpecific/Play/ and/ learn/Games.jsp

Why does it translate a space to a slash space..  normal escaping  is a
back-slash not a forward-slash.   Because it throws this forward slash into
the name.. The file cannot be found!
Obviously the best fix is to remove spaces from file names, but is there
some other solution?  Can I tell Tomcat to escape spaces with a backslash
instead of a forward slash?

_______________
Michael Quinn
Software Engineer