tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Josh Knowles <josh.know...@worldwidepackets.com>
Subject RE: Setting up windows 95
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2000 00:00:16 GMT
To set up tomcat by itself on win98 all you should have to do is unzip it,
set the required environment variables and classpaths (all this info is in
the file installation under the docs/appdev directory) and then run
startup.bat

To see if it is running go to http://localhost:8080   localhost is just a
variable that points to your machine.

Here is a link to a jguru faq question on environment space
http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/view.jsp?EID=3903

basically you need to type /E: 4096 or something like that

Hope this helps,

Josh

Josh Knowles
Web Developer
World Wide Packets
josh.knowles@worldwidepackets.com
(509) 242-9247

-----Original Message-----
From: John Lee [mailto:tommythesecret@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2000 4:40 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Setting up windows 95

Can someone (maybe someone who has accomplished this)
inform me as to how to modify the batch files,
directory structure, or any other mods necessary to
run Tomcat on Windows 98.  Please help, I've been
wasting a week trying to accomplish this feat, and I'm
running out of time to try this software.

Also, can anyone tell me what "out of environment
space" means when you run a batch file...

And, what does localhost mean in a Windows 98
machine...(the name of my machine?)

-Thank very much