tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Josh Knowles <josh.know...@worldwidepackets.com>
Subject RE: JSP Session Question
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2000 15:49:07 GMT
Sessions are per person not per Application.  I am not sure what is causing
your problem for things to mix over (maybe you can go more into depth on how
you are doing it).

Have you thought about using beans to keep track of all of the information
that you are putting into a session?  You can store all of the information
in a bean and then have the bean stay with the client through their session.
Just a thought.

Hope this helps,

Josh Knowles

Web Developer

World Wide Packets

josh.knowles@worldwidepackets.com

(509) 242-9247

-----Original Message-----
From: Burkard Endres [mailto:bEndres@i-te.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2000 8:46 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: JSP Session Question

I have some problems with sessiontracking in jsp's.
I store several data in an session and re-read it. That works fine.
But it seems that there is only one session-data for the whole application,
or in other words all requests share one session.
My questionis why.

I am using servlets for a while and all worked fine even with
sessiontracking.
For easier programming I decided to change to jsp's, but now I have the
problem above described.
Hope someone could help me

Kind regards

Burkard Endres