tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <Jacob.R.Kj...@syntegra.com>
Subject RE: Re: I hope you can help me
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2000 15:53:58 GMT
You can try this.

Append another URL variable that is always unique.

For instance, you could append a URL variable like the current time or enter
some random number.

this isn't a problem specific to Tomcat or Java application servers.  You
need to do this with scripting languages like Cold Fusion, ASP, PHP,
whatever.  The problem is the browser just pulls the page out of cache if it
doesn't see anything unique in the URL.

Hope that helps,

Jake

-----Original Message-----
From: J.P.Jarolim [mailto:junk.mail@aon.at]
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2000 10:30 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Re: I hope you can help me

Hi!

Thanks for your fast response... But the problem still occurs.
After inserting new records into the db and response.redirect to the
main-page i still can't see the new inserted records.
I still have to reload the page to see the new records.

Could this eventually be a db-problem (the database needs some time to
present new inserted records or so...)
I develop this thing with M$Access (most people say it's not even a database
;-)

Has anybody out there a clue, what this problem could result from?

thanks in advance,

J.P.Jarolim