tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <Jacob.R.Kj...@syntegra.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat not reading Context's web.xml
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 20:05:27 GMT
I wrote a comment/question about this earlier.

Check out my comments here:

http://archives2.real-time.com/pipermail/tomcat-users/2000-September/009686.
html

They detail what I think should happen and what isn't happening now.

I hope someone pays attention to this. It seems very important!

Jake

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas T. Veldhouse [mailto:veldy@veldy.net]
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2000 2:56 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat not reading Context's web.xml

I am using tomcat-3.2beta4 and Cocoon 1.7.4.

I have followed all instructions that I can find for installing Cocoon 1.7.4
on a given context.  I have made sure the proper jars are in the CLASSPATH
before xml.jar.  Anyway, it appears that when Tomcat starts, it does not
read my context's web.xml file.  The generated mod_jk.conf-auto files does
not contain any references to ANYTHING that I have placed in my web.xml
file?  Why isn't it being read.  It hardly seems to make sense to have a
web.xml if it is not going to be read ;)

I have manually modified mod_jk.conf-auto with "JkMount /newcontext/*.xml
ajp12" and then is works fine.

Can anybody tell me what, if anything, I am doing wrong - so that I can get
tomcat to read my web.xml file?

Thanks in advance,

Tom Veldhouse
veldy@veldy.net