tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kurt, Oliver" <Oliver.K...@opendata.de>
Subject AW: Migration: Tomcat 3.1, MySQL -> Oracle...
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2000 11:17:35 GMT
- PL/SQL is a procedural language for stored procedures in oracle. if you
have only ansi-sql used, then you have no need to change anything.
- There are BIG differences in oracle 8.0.x and 8.1.x !!! If you need oracle
only for 'simple' data storing, then 8.0.x might be enough, but oracle 8i
(another name for 8.1.x) is very strong web-enabled. it cames with a (small)
J2EE Server, it can host java-stored procedures (so you don't have to learn
PL/SQL) and many stuff more.

regards
Oliver Kurt

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Achim Friedland [mailto:achim.friedland@in.stud.tu-ilmenau.de]
Gesendet am: Mittwoch, 6. September 2000 13:15
An: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: Migration: Tomcat 3.1, MySQL -> Oracle...

I just wrote a jsp application using Tomcat 3.1 standalone and MySQL.
Now I have to migrate it to Oracle...
- Is there any good documentation howto migrate from SQL to PLSQL?
- I read in this mailinglist that I should use Oracle 8.1.6 but the
  webadministration a the firm told me that 8.1.5/6 has some problems
  with online-backup and so they want to use 8.0.6. Is 8.0.6 able to
  serve JSPs proberly? Are there limitations?

thanks

achim

--

mail: ahzf@fem-net.de
Demokratie beruht auf drei Prinzipien: auf der Freiheit des Gewissens,