tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Roytman, Alex" <roytm...@peacetech.com>
Subject RE: Keytool error for Tomcat3.2 & SSL
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2000 15:52:01 GMT
RSA is not included with jdk 1.2.2 as far as I remember so you will need to
set some properties to use it or use JDK 1.3

Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: plen@orionsci.com [mailto:plen@orionsci.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2000 11:19 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Keytool error for Tomcat3.2 & SSL

Hello,

The servlet.xml file in Tomcat 3.2 showed what was needed to get SSL
running. One of the items was to run Java's 'keytool' as the following:

keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA

When I try to run this I get the following error after entering the
password:

keyPairGenerator not available

I DON'T get this error if I don't state '-keyalg RSA'.

I am running JDK 1.2.2 standard edition.

Do I need the Enterprise Edition to generate the RSA algorithm? Or is it
something else?

Also, is it true that I will need JDK 1.3 to get SSL working with Tomcat
3.2?

Thanks again,

Peter Len