tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <jacob.r.kj...@syntegra.com>
Subject loading a properties file - where does it expect the file to be?
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2000 04:22:48 GMT
The following isn't a problem for me in Tomcat 3.1, but is in 3.2b5

I have a servlet that uses another class that isn't a servlet which loads a
file with properties in it.

When I run the class as an application, it works fine.

However, when calling it from a servlet, it can't find the file???

The location of my non-servlet class is, currently, in the same directory
as my servlet class (and so is my properties file).

Some info about my setup:
1.  Platform is Win2k Pro
2.  I use jk_nt_service to run Tomcat as a service
3.  I use mod_jk to connect through Apache Web Server 1.3.12
4.  I use a servlet mapping for the servlet that uses the non-servlet class
5.  To call the file, I use this syntax: FileInputStream propFile = new
FileInputStream("my.properties");
	The class assumes the properties file to be in the same directory that it
exists in and, again, works from the command line as an application

I've tried going through both port 80 (Apache) and 8080 (Tomcat) and I get
the same behavior

Any idea what is going on here?

Jake