tomcat-users mailing list archives

From GEORGE David <David.GEO...@axa-im.com>
Subject Problem with JSP compiler
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2000 16:05:43 GMT

I'm having problems getting the Tomcat 3.1 JSP compiler to compile my JSPs!

The JSP references some external classes, an Enumeration, a Resource Bundle
and a Langue object.  I'm using jdk1.2.2 btw.

Well first problem the compiler couldn't find the external classes.  So I
copied this under the jakarta-tomcat/classes directory for the time being.
Then it couldn't find the standard classes.  Well I noticed that it was
starting with jdk1.2.2/lib/tools.jar and these classes are actually in
jre/lib/rt.jar, so I added this to the classpath in tomcat.bat.  But still
same problem.

So I looked at the generated .java file and noticed  that although it had
added a load of imports, such as java.lang.Vector, it hadn't added imports
for things like java.util.Enumeration.  Anyone know why this is?

David