tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Eaton <>
Subject Re: Session Variables - JSP Engine
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2000 02:12:44 GMT

 >>We are having a problem carrying over session variables from one html
page to the next. We are using the JSP calls setAttribute and getAttribute
but the >>values are not available from one page to the next within a short
timeframe like 1 minute.

 >>What could be the problem?

 >It looks like the a new session is being created from one page to the
next. If we print out the session id its change from one page to the next.
What dictates >which session is utilzed and when a session is grabbed from
cache versus a new one created?

It now looks like the jsp call to redirect is causing the session to be
dropped. Is there away to keep the current session through a redirect?

Jason Eaton

Jungawunga Inc.
103B Whispering Pines Road
Scotts Valley, CA 95066