tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrea <aco...@ablia.com>
Subject mod_jk and virtual host
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2000 02:36:29 GMT
Hi,
looking for some hint on this mailing list on virtual hosting with Tomcat
3.1 I found that i was better to use tomcat 3.2b4 instead because "it works
better". So I installed 3.2b4.
1) I've compiled successfully on a freebsd 4.1 both mod_jserv (that works)
and mod_jk. However whenever I tried to use mod_jk module I have this error:
#apachectl configtest
Syntax error on line 2 of /usr/local/tomcat3.2b4/conf/tomcat-jk.conf:
--(the "LoadModule jk_module libexec/apache/mod_jk.so" statement)
Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_jk.so into server:
/usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_jk.so: Undefined symbol "map_name_at"

2) Is there a simplier way to implement virtual hosting than the tomcat3.1
way? I mean should I use multiple VM in virtual hosting?

Thanks
Andrea