tomcat-users mailing list archives

From James Cribb <jam...@zip.com.au>
Subject How to make Apache delegate _all_ JSPs to Tomcat?
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2000 14:40:32 GMT
Is there a way to make Tomcat process any and all .jsp files requested
through Apache?  I don't want to have to change config files every time
someone makes a new subdirectory of their ~/public_html and puts a .jsp
in it.  (I realise this could be bad from a security point of view, but
it isn't a problem in my work environment, and it should still be
possible, right?)

Briefly, I want Apache to resolve

  http://host/~user/newDirectory/newPage.jsp

to the file /home/user/public_html/newDirectory/newPage.jsp, realise
it's a JSP and give that file to Tomcat to process, with Tomcat
regenerating and recompiling the servlet if necessary.  But I want
Apache, not Tomcat, to handle static .html pages.

I thought it would be sufficient to set up mod_jserv to connect Apache
to Tomcat and then simply

  AddType text/jsp .jsp
  AddHandler jserv-servlet .jsp

but this on its own just causes something to get a signal 11 (the
error.log file doesn't say, but I'm guessing mod_jserv).  Do I need to
ApJServMount something too?  Where is the documentation for
ApJServMount??