tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Problem with ActionForm and ActionBase....
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2000 23:41:25 GMT
You might have better luck with this on the STRUTS-USER list ...

"Rustad, Aaron" wrote:

> I have a JSP page that enumerates thru a vector that is supplied by the
> ActionForm. Since the vector has many Objects, I would like to display ten
> at a time. I have set up the HTML form as follows:
>
>         <obs:form action="searchCalf.do" name="searchCalfForm"
>         type="com.fg2p.cowcalf.SearchCalfForm"
>         scope="session">
>
> In my understanding, this form will be maintained in the session, and the
> "searchCalfForm" should persist.
> And if it persists in the session, the Controller Servlets will pass that
> back to the Action method.
>
> However, when I check this in the Action, it is continually giving me a new
> form.

Have you defined the form bean related attributes in your <action> element in
action.xml?  It would need to have something like this:

<action path="/searchCalif.do" formAttribute="searchCalfForm"
 formClass="com.fg2p.cowcalf.SearchCalfForm"/>

Without these settings, the controller servlet does not know it needs to
persist the request parameters.

> Are there any suggested remedies?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Aaron.