tomcat-users mailing list archives

From sanjeev c joshi <schid...@cisco.com>
Subject Problem with JSP compliation -- "Invalid include tag"
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2000 14:08:49 GMT
Hi,

I have a strange problem with jsp compilation using   jasper. whenver
the compiler encounters the <jsp:include page > tag in my jsp files it
throws up the following errors;

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Invalid jsp:include tag
 at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.IncludeGenerator.(IncludeGenerator.java:95)
 at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.handleInclude(JspParseEventListener.java:834)

 at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DelegatingListener.handleInclude(DelegatingListener.java:185)

 at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser$Include.accept(Parser.java,
Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java, Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1038)
 at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1034)
 at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java, Compiled
Code)
 at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:413)
 at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspServlet.java:149)

 at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:161)

 at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:261)

 at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code)
 at
 at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java,
Compiled Code)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java,
Compiled Code)

All other jsp's which dont have <jsp:include page= > tag work  just
fine.  I have checked the syntax of the tag. It is exacly in line with
JSP 1.1 specification.
Anyone has faced this problem and found the answer, pl let me know.
How do I set the properties for the jsp compiler. How do I include some
other compiler in lieu of the default one. i.e what changes do I have to
make in web.xml. I found no proper docs. regarding these issues
Any quick help.... I would be grateful...

regards

--Joshi