tomcat-users mailing list archives

From greg <em...@gregorybittar.com>
Subject Re: forbidden: you don't have access
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2000 21:31:38 GMT
Trying to further matters along, I repointed Apache's httpd.conf file to
include tomcat.conf rather than tomcat-apache.conf (my interpretation of
the tomcat-apache howto document is that perhaps either one is ok to use,
since they are both called for in the howto).  The difference in behaviour
is slight.  When Tomcat is set to 8007, again the application stiffens and
dies.  Whatever page I ask for, I am told that URL doesn't exist on the
server.  When Tomcat is set to 8080, localhost:8080/myWebApp access works
perfectly across my application, but domain.com/myWebApp access balks with
the error message 'URL does not exist'.

Incidentally, the shutdown script seems to work correctly when Tomcat is
running on 8007 rather than 8080 in beta 4