tomcat-users mailing list archives

From William Brogden <wbrog...@bga.com>
Subject Re: calling an applet from within a servlet.
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2000 14:32:09 GMT
A more nearly universal solution is to insert a <base> tag in the
<head> section of the page. This tag can specify the URL for locating
class files as well as graphics, etc.

The cause of the problem is that the browser sees the page as
originating at /servlets/whatever and therefore tries that address
when requesting class or image files.