tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Slava Voronin <sve...@home.com>
Subject Re: AccessInterceptor vs. SecurityCheck
Date Sun, 24 Sep 2000 22:04:51 GMT
LDAP  is   database ,  where you store information
(  uid , mail , password .....). You need this one for sure.
It could be  openldap (my preference), or from netscape or microsoft.
You need also  JNDI library (if you  use jdk1.2.2  you need download it
seperately) .  If you use jdk1.3 from IBM or Sun , here it' s built in write
away.
Writing java code you use  JNDI api  to check information stored in
ldap server ( validate users). Basicly this is very good book which gives
you all code you need  and configuration of tomcat.
But y ou need to find also information on installing and Configuring ldap
server.
Check for book "LDAP Programming with Java" Rob Weltman and Tony
Dahbura" I think it's  best from what I've seen on this topic.