tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve Ruby <st...@rubysolutions.com>
Subject Re: Session Expiration
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2000 21:12:55 GMT
Peter Slade wrote:

> I am using tomcat 3.2 beta 4. I am trying to understand the session
> management in tomcat. It appears as if my jsp page session is timing out
> after about 10 seconds. Where do I locate the property setting for session
> expiration? (what is set to by default?)
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Pete.

Master setting is in $tomcathome/conf/web.xml

look under session-timeout

you can also have unique settings for each webapp in it's
on web.xml file. Default looks like it might be 30minutes
but see what your's says, how can you tell it would be 10 seconds
that is hardley even enough to test, have you tried the session
servlet example?