tomcat-users mailing list archives

From sanjeev c joshi <schid...@cisco.com>
Subject Problem in mapping the servlets ( Apache-Tomact ) and JSP compilation
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2000 12:47:32 GMT
Hi,

I am using the Apache WebServer with Tomcat configured as Servlet
Engine.

Problem No. 1.
-----------------

when I seek a jsp page . The following eroors are being thrown ;
--------------------------error----------------------------------------------------------------------------

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Invalid jsp:include tag
 at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.IncludeGenerator.(IncludeGenerator.java:95)
 at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.handleInclude(JspParseEventListener.java:834)

 at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DelegatingListener.handleInclude(DelegatingListener.java:185)

 at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser$Include.accept(Parser.java,
Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java, Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1038)
 at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1034)
 at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java, Compiled
Code)
 at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:413)
 at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspServlet.java:149)

 at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:161)

 at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:261)

 at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code)
 at
 at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java,
Compiled Code)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java,
Compiled Code)

 The url I am using is
http://192.135.242.49:1741/JSP/cmf/wiz/WizHead.jsp with context path "/"
mapped to correspondingly to directory  where JSP directory exists.
server.xml-----------
<Context path="/" docBase="d:\\CSCOpx\\htdocs" debug="0"
reloadable="true" >
        </Context>
-------------------------
where JSP  directory is in d:\CSCOpx\htdocs directory

Problem No.2
-----------------

I am trying to use the servlets in the directories other than  the
standard location . All my servlet classes are in
d:\CSCOpx\www\classpath.  I am calling these servlets using the url
pattern : http://host:port/CSCOnm/servlet/servletname
with  following entriees in the tomcat-apache.conf
--------------------tomcat-apache.conf------------
:
:
<Location /CSCOnm/servlet>
SetHandler jserv-servlet
</Location>
ApJServMount /CSCOnm/servlet  /
:
:
I have the following mapping entries in the web.xml ( in the tomact conf
directory)
----------web.xml------------
<servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>
            invoker
        </servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>
            /CSCOnm/servlet/
        </url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>
            jsp
        </servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>
            *.jsp
        </url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

I  have also set the classpath variable to point to the root of the
servlet classes, before starting the Tomcat . Still my servlets fail to
load .  Is it mandatory to have the all the classes in the classes
directory of the webapps. please note that the server.xml has the entry
as mentioned in the problem No.1.

Can anyone point me to the procedure to solve these problems.....

Thanks in advance......

regards

--Joshi