tomcat-users mailing list archives

From knut paulsen <kupi...@hotmail.com>
Subject encodeURL() madness
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 20:36:14 GMT
Hi everyone,

I have problem that I could not resolve with the answers in the
archives. I use Tomcat3.1.
I use method encodeURL(String url) to support URL rewriting in the case
of disabled cookies. So what happens is somewhat strange. When I forbid
the use of cookies in Internet Explorer5.0 and Netscape Navigator4.51
the method isRequestedSessionIdFromCookie() returns 'true' with both
browsers. Strangely enough IE is still able to track the right session
although the URL is not rewritten. Navigator is not able to identify the
session as expected nonetheless returns 'true'.
Does anybody have an idea what is going here? Help is very much
appreciated!