tomcat-users mailing list archives

From p...@orionsci.com (Len, Peter)
Subject SSLFactory can't find 'key' (from keytool)????
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 20:29:56 GMT
Hello,

I am using Tomcat 3.2.  The one I am using is a 'dist' version that I
built from the Tomcat source code.  I had to do this because the
distribution version of Tomcat 3.2 was not compiled with JSSE and so it
did not hace the org.apache.tomcat.net.SSLSocketFactory class.  Anyway,
I got it all built and tried to run it when I got the folloeing error:
FATAL:java.io.IOException: Cannot recover key
java.io.IOException: Cannot recover key
  at
org.apache.tomcat.net.SSLSocketFactory.initProxy(SSLSocketFactory.java:186)

I looked at the SSLSocketFactory.java file and saw where it was trying
to get the 'keystore' and 'keypass' from some attribute.  This error
indicates that it couldn't find that data (I presume).  I am running on
Win NT and my .keystore file was placed in C:\WINNT\Profiles\plen (by
JDK1.3's keytool).

Was I suppose to indicate this location somewhere?  I seem to be inching
towards this SSL capability but every new step reveals a new problem.

Does anyone recognize this issue?

Thanks,

Peter Len