tomcat-users mailing list archives

From p...@orionsci.com (Len, Peter)
Subject SSL, SSLSocketFactory, & the server.xml file???
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 14:25:08 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to get SSL to run using Tomcat3.2.  The /conf/server.xml
file has an area that gives instructions on what you need to do to get
SSL to work.  I have two questions concerning this:

1) It states to modify the JDK's java.security file with the following:
   security.provider.2= ......
The JDK1.3 already had a security.provider.1 and a security.provider.2
so I added my modification using:  --> security.provider.3  <--
Is it OK to use .3 instead of .2???

2) In the server.xml file there is a section to uncomment. This is the
area that deals with the <Connector> tag.  The last parameter is:

  <Parameter name="socketFactory"
             value="org.apache.tomcat.net.SSLSocketFactory" />

I can't find 'org.apache.tomcat.net.SSLSocketFactory.class' in any of
the .jar files (including the JSSE files).  I saw were the jsse.jar had
a 'javax.net.ssl.SSLSocketFactory' but that was it.  I downloaded one of
the nightly builds of Tomcat 3.2 and in that server.xml file it lists:
  <Parameter name="socketFactory"
             value="org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SSLSocketFactory" />
I can't find that class anywhere either.

Am I missing something?  Does anyone know what the value should be?

Thanks,

Peter Len