tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pierre Neihouser <pier...@lionet.ie>
Subject Re: /examples directory?
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 09:56:38 GMT
It's quite simple:

If you use http://localhost/
You have Apache running, every static pages is served by Apache (html, gif,
jpg...) and every servlet and jsps are served forwarded by Apache to Tomcat.
So Tomcat is serving servlets and jsps.

If you use http://localhost:8080/
Everything is served by Tomcat (even static pages).  Apache does not even
realise that this is happening.

If everything is setup correctly, the path after the last / doesn't matter.
Apache and Tomcat will work the same way.

Hope this help,

--
Pierre