tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tom Miller <tmil...@kdsi.net>
Subject Re: How to use Jikes to compile JSPs
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 06:07:07 GMT
I found this on taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org, thanks to Pierre Delisle
at Sun.

"It is possible to configure the java compiler used by
the JSP engine in Tomcat via the 'jspCompilerPlugin'
init parameter.

Check the web.xml file in the conf directory of Tomcat.

<!-- uncomment the following to use Jikes for JSP compilation
        <init-param>
            <param-name>jspCompilerPlugin</param-name>

<param-value>org.apache.jasper.compiler.JikesJavaCompiler</param-value>
        </init-param>
-->"

I did as shown, but my compile times have not improved. It is taking me
over a minute to compile JSPs. I know something must be wrong, but don't
know where to start looking. I'm using Tomcat 3.2 beta 3.

Any suggestions very welcome.

thanks
Tom