tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel A. Theobald" <t...@vecnatech.com>
Subject dynamic includes.
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 04:45:35 GMT
I am trying to figure out how to do an include where the file to be
included is specified in a user profile object.
I have tried many things, read the relevant jsp spec pages, scanned
through lots of the mailing list archive..... nothing.

It seems to me like this is something that people would want to do, so
I am either missing something simple (likely) or there must be another
way to accomplish the objective.

of course the first thing I tried was

<%@ include file = profile.getContentFile() %>

but the jsp engine wasn't too happy about it.

The objective is to include one of several files based on a parameter in
my profile object.

Any help would be greatly appreciated....
theo