tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tom Miller <tmil...@kdsi.net>
Subject Startup scripts broken for Win98
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 03:38:36 GMT
The Tomcat 3.2b3 scripts, tomcat.bat, startup.bat, etc., do
not run under Win98. The produce errors like "Bad command or
file name". Has anyone come up with a revised set that work
on Windows98?

Or does someone know what would have to be fixed so I can do
it myself? I already discovered that the hat (^) characters
used in one of the scripts causes an error which goes away
when it is quoted.

I'm hoping not to have to become a total expert in the
difference between batch files on WinNT and Win98, so any
help will be appreciated.

thanx
Tom Miller