tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: tomcat JSESSION Cookie
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2000 21:55:59 GMT
Michael Quinn wrote:

> Does anybody have a tomcat server I can browse to on the www so I can see
> what kind of JSESSION Cookies you are responding with?
> I don't mean to rehash this into the ground, but I find it hard to believe
> that anybody using Tomcat 3.1 has a JSESSIONID that is not discarded.
> I can set other cookies, but the session ID Cookie is not sent.

Where are you looking for it?

If you are looking in the cookies.txt file, you will not see the session ID
cookie, or any other cookie that has a setMaxAge(-1) value.  This value tells
the browser that the cookie wll be discarded when the browser is closed, so the
browsers don't waste the time to write them out to disk -- they are left in
memory only.  But they are still set and they still work.

> Michael Quinn

Craig McClanahan

                                    Applications to Tomcat