tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rick Horowitz <rhorow...@ni4u.com>
Subject Re: How to use Jikes to compile JSPs
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2000 19:12:13 GMT
Thanks to everyone who responded. I changed that setting and added
d:\jikes\bin to my system PATH environment variable (on NT 4.0). Only
problem is, I'm not sure if it's using jikes or not.  The compile speed
doesn't seem altogether different.  Is there a way to verify if jikes is
indeed being used to compile jsp's.  I'm running Tomcat on JBuilder.
Anyone know if JBuilder uses the system PATH?

On a related note, is there anyway to pre-compile all the jsp files so I
don't have this delay each time. Preferably, it should not re-generate
.java files from the jsp's nor recompile them into .class files if the
timestamps of the .class files > .java files > .jsp files.

Thanks,

Rick Horowitz