tomcat-users mailing list archives

From p...@orionsci.com (Len, Peter)
Subject Keytool error for Tomcat3.2 & SSL
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2000 15:19:07 GMT
Hello,

The servlet.xml file in Tomcat 3.2 showed what was needed to get SSL
running. One of the items was to run Java's 'keytool' as the following:

keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA

When I try to run this I get the following error after entering the
password:

keyPairGenerator not available

I DON'T get this error if I don't state '-keyalg RSA'.

I am running JDK 1.2.2 standard edition.

Do I need the Enterprise Edition to generate the RSA algorithm? Or is it
something else?

Also, is it true that I will need JDK 1.3 to get SSL working with Tomcat
3.2?

Thanks again,

Peter Len