tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jakob Hummes <hum...@castify.net>
Subject Embedded Tomcat
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2000 16:36:42 GMT
Hi,

Short question: are there any gotchas that I should be aware about,
before trying to instantiate Tomcat within my own proprietary framework?

Longer Explanation:
We have created a framework in which we can plug-in our own modules.
Each module is loaded by a classloader within the framework, and
instantiated.  I want to deploy Tomact as one of those modules (probably
loaded by an own wrapper to set some proprietary config infos).
When I update the modules of the framework, I first unload the classes,
then load the new classes and instantiate them.  One gotcha could exist,
if Tomcat would do a System.exit() when sending a shutdown request.
Other gotchas still to explore ;-)
So, please let me know, if you know about code, which would make this
task complicated...

Thanks in advance,
- Jakob