tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "surinder singh" <surindersi...@bflsoftware.com>
Subject how to release a tomcat port ?
Date Sat, 09 Sep 2000 08:16:46 GMT
I am providing each Linux user with a separate installation in their own
/home/user so that they can use tomcat indepently.

I am copying the who tomcat from .usr/local/tomcat to /home/user/tomcat
and only thing I need to change is /home/user/tomcat/conf/server.xml
file to allocate different port numbers. While running startup.sh if i
get some error ( say due to setting CLASSPATH ). I will run shutdown.sh
and do the required change and will run startup.sh. Now I will get
BindException. I feel the problem is to release the port. I will change
the port and it will work fine.

I am using 9000, 9001, ... ports so I think there should be no
confliction with other applications. The problem I feel is in release
the port in case of a problamatic startup.

Please help me to release the unused ports.

TIA