tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Johan Peeters <johan.peet...@alcatel.be>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Nightly Builds of Tomcat 4.0-dev (pre-alpha)
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2000 05:50:48 GMT

Yun Sang Jung wrote:

> [Problem3]
> When I run jsp simple custom tag example
> ->
> A Servlet Exception Has Occurred
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.CompileException:
> c:\navidad\jakarta-tomcat-4.0\webapps\examples\jsp\simpletag\foo.jsp(6,0)
> Unable to open taglibrary
> http://java.apache.org/tomcat/examples-taglib : Parse Error in the tag
> library descriptor: External entity not found:
> "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_3.dtd".
>
> I think it is a same problem which is pointed by Johan Peeters.

I did indeed have an issue early on with the 2.3 DTD, but as Craig
pointed out, I screwed up running a version which had some 3.x
components. More particularly, I started tomcat by using the 3.2
tomcat.bat script instead of catalina.bat, so I am not sure what the
problems concerning webdav were related to. However, running a 'pure'
4.0 version, I have the same problems as Yun with custom tags.

Taking full credit for my own stupidity, I am not sure of the wisdom of
superceeding tomcat.bat with catalina.bat.

Best Wishes,

Yo

--
Johan Peeters mailto:johan.peeters@alcatel.be